Adobe Unveils Acrobat XI
Adobe has unveiled Adobe Acrobat XI ("11") with new and improved features including cloud services, complete PDF editing, export to Microsoft PowerPoint, and touch-friendly capabilities on some tablets.
According to Adobe's press release, Acrobat XI includes the following features:
- Edit PDF files, modify paragraphs, images, and objects by simply clicking and dragging using the new, intuitive Edit Text and Images tool. Arrange and visually merge select content and multiple documents into one organized PDF file, while retaining source file integrity.
- Expedite document and Web contract approvals from weeks to hours with electronic signatures using the integrated Adobe EchoSign electronic signature service. Simplify forms creation, distribution and results analysis using the included Adobe FormsCentral desktop app.
- Enhanced mobile capabilities. Work with PDF files across tablets and smartphones in touch-friendly Adobe Reader to annotate and add comments, as well as fill in, sign and save forms.
- Save PDF documents as PowerPoint, Word or Excel files or reuse parts of or entire PDF files as Microsoft Office documents and Web pages without retyping or need to reformat.
- Improved protection of all PDF files created from Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel to help prevent copying, editing, or printing without permission.
Acrobat XI and associated products, including Adobe Reader XI, are scheduled to ship (and be available via Adobe Creative Cloud) within 30 days. Expected prices are $299 for Acrobat XI Standard and $449 for Acrobat XI Pro.