Autodesk Ships Combustion 4-Desktop Visual Effects and Compositing Software for Apple Macintosh
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) , today announced it has begun shipping Autodesk Combustion 4 software for Apple Macintosh. Combustion 4, Autodesk's desktop visual effects software consists of a powerful feature set including vector paint, particles, effects, animation and 3D compositing. This new version for the Mac operating system streamlines the creative process for visual graphics creation by providing enhanced interoperability with third-party desktop applications, improved paint tools and workflow efficiency.
Autodesk Combustion software can be used in the creation process to realize compelling visual effects sequences for motion pictures, television episodics and cutting edge commercials. Recent projects that relied on Combustion software in the creative process include: Fantastic Four (Meteor Studios), Serenity and the Sci Fi Channel's Battlestar Galactica television series (Zoic Studios), and the Seven Swords (Digital Pictures Iloura, Australia).
Key new features in Combustion 4 software for Mac include:
- Diamond Keyer -- second generation of sophisticated keying algorithms, used to remove green screen/ blue screen background data in film or video, is derived from Autodesk's Discreet Flame, an online visual effects system, and adds a new level of advanced keying technology
- Time-Warp -- fully key-frameable, time-remapping operator for quickly creating slow motion and speed-up effects
- B-spline vector shapes and new point-grouping for faster, more efficient rotoscoping
- Custom capsules -- create and save encapsulated single or grouped operator nodes
- New optimized 'Fast Gaussian Blur' -- removes fine image detail for a smoothing effect that can simulate motion or a blurred speed look
- Merge operator -- new optimized operator to quickly merge two layers of the same size using any of the transfer nodes in Combustion software
- Enhanced paint -- new paint tools, grids and rulers, Bspline in paint and new customized brushes
"This release of Combustion 4 for the Macintosh underscores Autodesk's commitment to providing the best visual effects technology on the best OS platforms that allows motion graphics artists to realize their creative ideas," said Marc Petit, vice president of product development and operations at Autodesk Media & Entertainment division. "Our Macintosh customers will be very pleased with this latest release of Combustion, bringing the advanced Diamond Keyer from our professional systems products to the desktop level."
Pricing and Availability
Autodesk Combustion 4 software for Mac is available now for a suggested retail price (SRP) of US $995; upgrade pricing from Combustion 3 to Combustion 4 is SRP US $249.00. For more information, visit www.autodesk.com or call 800-869-3504. Consult an Autodesk Authorized Reseller for reseller pricing, which may vary.
Autodesk, Inc. is wholly focused on ensuring that great ideas are turned into reality. With six million users, Autodesk is the world's leading software and services company for the building, manufacturing, infrastructure, digital media and wireless data services fields. Autodesk's solutions help customers create, manage and share their data and digital assets more effectively. As a result, customers turn ideas into competitive advantage by becoming more productive, streamlining project efficiency and maximizing profits.
Founded in 1982, Autodesk is headquartered in San Rafael, California. For additional information about Autodesk, please visit www.autodesk.com.
Liked This? Read These!
Autodesk, Inc.(NASDAQ: ADSK), today announced it has begun shipping Autodesk® Combustion® 4 software for Windows®, the highly anticipated upgrade to its visual effects desktop software solution. ... Read More
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) today announced Autodesk Media and Entertainment division. Formerly known as Discreet, the division will remain dedicated to providing innovative products and services... Read More
Autodesk® Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) today announced Autodesk Toxik, collaborative compositing software for the creation of digital visual effects. Read More
Discreet, the media and entertainment division of Autodesk, Inc. Read More