The Best App for Managing Digital Assets
Photoshop is an excellent tool for many things, but it's no digital asset manager. The most successful workflows require Photoshop plus something else: Lightroom or Bridge. Which one is best for you depends on a lot of things.
In choosing between the two programs, you'll need to answer these questions:
• Are you new to photography?
• Are you a small studio or a large studio?
• Are you a high-volume shooter?
• Are you a designer, photographer, or both?
• Are you comfortable with computers?
Then you'll want to consider the advantages of each app.
Advantages of the Lightroom + Photoshop workflow:
• Ease of use
• Streamlined tools and interface
• Instantaneous searching
• Working with off-line files
• Efficient virtual copies and collections
• Infinite history and snapshots
• Interactive previews
• Preset- and template-driven
• Web and slideshow creation
Advantages of the Bridge + Photoshop workflow:
• If you own Photoshop, you already own Bridge
• File browser architecture
• Extended support of file formats in one location
• Multi-user workflow
• Numerical values
In the video below, I'll help you decide which application is right for your workflow by explaining the differences between Lightroom and Bridge for managing images and assets.
Liked This? Read These!
Retrographer is a Photoshop plug-in with effects that make modern digital imagery look like it was shot with old-timey cameras using vintage film. "Not another one!" you might groan. Read More
Chris Converse is teaching two upcoming webinars for the training company CS Magic. Called "The Missing Link of Web Design" Parts 1 and 2, these sessions acknowledge the fact that many designers who... Read More
One of the great things about the Web design and development community is the selfless desire to help other community members improve their skills. The CSS Lint website is a perfect example. You... Read More
Following up on the success of its Pantone-branded folding chairs, Selab Studio has designed another Pantone product: Christmas ornaments. You'll be able to choose from 10 colors: • Pantone 186 •... Read More