Cutting-Edge Conference for Print and Digital Publishing
The lengthy session list at the 2012 PEPCON print and ePublishing conference could be boiled down into one sentence: Attend this event or fall behind.
Seriously, just look at these session titles (which are only a sampling of the full list):
• InDesign to iPad and Android Apps
• Making Your Folio Come Alive: Embedding HTML and RSS
• XML for Print and Digital Publishing
• Stay on the Cutting Edge: Five Tools to Learn Now
• Creating Enhanced eBooks
• The Future of eBook Publishing: EPUB3
• How to Prepare for the Next Two Years
But most of the conference speakers and organizers come from print backgrounds, and they haven't neglected their roots, as these session titles prove:
• Let's Talk PDF: Best Practices for Print Workflows
• Top Ten Type Tips
• FX You Didn't Know InDesign Could Do
• Tables That Don't Look Like Tables: Power Techniques
• Design Essentials Every InDesigner Should Know
• Grids and Other Typographic Power Techniques
• Long Documents: Ten Essential Techniques
• Power Illustrator Techniques for Everyone
• Making Data Beautiful
The conference will be in San Francisco on May 14-16, 2012. Depending on how many days you attend, registration runs between $299 and $995 if you register by March 2. Along with a conference pass, registration entitles you to breakfast and lunch, a one-year subscription to InDesign Magazine (CreativePro.com's sister publication), a one-month subscription to lynda.com, and other goodies.
For the full session and speaker lists and to register, go to http://pepconference.com.
Liked This? Read These!
Aquafadas has developed a plug-in for Adobe InDesign that let you create interactive publications for the iPad and other tablets, and for smart phones. The plug-in is still in beta, but you can join... Read More
Ebooks. Digital magazines. Interactive PDFs and SWFs. They're all relatively new creatures, which means there are a lot of questions surrounding the technology, from creation to distribution. Read More
Here's a dirty secret: If something went wrong with your print job, it was probably something you did. Or didn't do. Most graphic designers, even the ones who get a degree in it, don't receive much... Read More
Press Release InDesignSecrets has announced that the early bird registration deadline for its annual Print and ePublishing Conference -- taking place May 12 - 14 at the Adobe University in... Read More