Design Business Webinar Series
Sessions College for Professional Design is excited to announce a new Live Webinar series devoted to help launch and build a professional design career.
Each of the three "The Design Business" webinars will be one hour long and deliver practical and immediately applicable design business skills.
Topics of the three live webinars will include, but are not limited to:
- Defining your business goals and brand.
- Freelance, agency, and in-house design career options.
- Economic conditions affecting design job prospects and salary and hourly rates.
- Personal milestones for a design career.
- Career persona development including an icon, headshots, and biography text.
- Resume and cover letter authoring using writing and formatting techniques.
- Offline and online portfolio development.
- Key methods for networking with potential clients, potential employers, and other designers.
- Self-promotion marketing endeavors including goals, action steps, and collateral.
- Prospective client and employe research and making initial contact.
- Professional interview and presentation techniques.
The Design Business Live Webinar Series includes:
Thursday, Jan. 20th @ 4pm Eastern Time (US)
Webinar Title: Starting a design business
The 10 things you need to know, and do, to start your design business.
Thursday, Feb. 3rd @ 4pm Eastern Time (US)
Webinar Title: Pricing and Pitching design jobs
How to price, pitch, and land design jobs.
Tuesday, Feb. 22nd @ 4pm Eastern Time (US)
Webinar Title: Project management
How to stay on calendar, prevent "scope creep", manage your client, and manage your team.
The Design Business webinars will be led by Daniel Schutzsmith who will be presenting strategies for launching and running a successful design business, or working as an in-house creative at an agency or a firm. Daniel is an in-demand speaker on the topic of the design industry and has, in addition to running a successful design agency, been invited to many design conferences and the top design membership organizations to share his knowledge on the topic of design career development.
Liked This? Read These!
When times are tough, you need to put your energy into doing the right things to ensure your business stays healthy and you stay successful for the long term. Learn the five key strategies that will... Read More
Building an ever-evolving professional portfolio is fundamental to getting work in the design industry. But how do you craft a professional-level presentation of work when you're still learning the... Read More
Considering a calendar project? Don't miss this free webinar from Paperspecs.com with tips and advice for making calendars. Read More
In a recent survey, Network Solutions (a company that hosts Web sites and offer many other services) found that in 2006 some 2.5 million small and mid-sized businesses plan to create an online... Read More