Enter HOW's Promotion Design Awards
Enter your favorite projects in HOW’s Promotion Design Awards for the chance to see your work—and your name—in the pages of HOW. There’s a category for every design occasion, from wedding invitations to pro-bono projects to client promotions.
Best of Show scores a free trip to the 2011 HOW Design Conference (round-trip airfare, hotel and conference registration) and an award to be presented at the conference.
All Winners will see their work in HOW’s October 2010 self-promotion design annual, get a $100 discount to the 2011 HOW Design Conference, and receive a nifty certificate.
We accept actual samples of annual reports, brochures, catalogs, direct mail, book and magazine covers and interior pages, invitations, announcements, greeting cards, letterhead, logos, packaging, posters, print advertising, calendars, wearables, 3D objects and other print projects. We also accept color print-outs of workspaces, signage and other environmental graphic design. We do not accept videos, CD-ROMs, DVDs, websites or other interactive work, or digital images or slides of print work. All digital work is eligible in our Interactive Design Awards. Designs may be entered in more than one category. Submit a separate entry and fee for each category. Work must have been created between Jan. 1, 2009, and March 22, 2010.
created for paying customers (brochures, annual reports, ads, corporate identities, etc.)
DESIGNER SELF- PROMOTIONS
created to promote your design business
created to celebrate life events (invitations, birth announcements, etc.)
created for free or at a discounted rate
created for illustrators (not just work that includes illustration)
created for photographers (not just work that includes photography)
created while you were in school (whether you’ve graduated or not)
created for purpose other than those above
All entries must be postmarked no later than March 5, 2010. Entries postmarked after March 5 require a late fee of $35 per entry. Entries postmarked after March 22, 2010, will not be accepted.
Single Entry — $65(stationery systems are counted as single entries)
Campaign — $90 (three or more pieces from a single campaign)
Student Single Entry — $35
Student Campaign —$55 (three or more pieces from a single campaign)
Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to HOW Promotion Design Awards.
Payment must accompany entries. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
Mail to: HOW Promotion Design Awards
4700 East Galbraith Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236 USA
HOW TO ENTER
1. Send 2 well-protected unmounted samples. No slides or digital images please.
2. Register and pay for your entry online. You will receive printable entry confirmation pages that must be sent with your samples. If you choose to enter offline, type or print the Entry Form completely. This information will be reproduced in the magazine exactly as submitted if you are selected as a winner.
3. Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
4. Describe the objective and results of your entry in 100 words or less and include the description with the Entry Form. (Optional but strongly suggested.)
5. Securely attach a copy of the Entry Form to the back of each sample of your entry. Include 2 copies of the Payment Form with your payment.
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
Winning entrants grant HOW the right to reproduce images of their work in the 2010 Self-Promotion Design Annual and to display the projects at HOW events. Some winning entries may also appear on HOW’s website
and in other digital and printed materials.
HOW assumes all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein. HOW is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes.