Enter Your Work in the Typophile Film Fest 5
Typophile has issued an open Call For Entries for the fifth annual Typophile Film Fest.
The film festival is open to anything relevant to typography, design history, and/or type design. It can be educational, experimental, inspiring or humorous.
Examples include (but are not limited to):
* Film Titling
* Promotional pieces showcasing a typeface
* Motion Picture Studio work
* Studio reels showing strength in typography or motion type
* Music videos
* Experimental or animated fonts
* Short stories or animations
* Client work
* Student work
Overview & Eligibility
By submitting a piece for consideration, you affirm that you retain rights to such work, and that you acknowledge the right of Typophile to use the work for festival exhibition and promotion.
* There is no fee to enter.
* Finalists will be chosen by Typophile at its sole discretion.
* This is a showcase. Induction into the film fest indicates a level of quality but no awards are given.
* All work shown will be properly credited in Typophile Film Festival materials.
Minimum size: 640 x 480 (broadcast) or 720 x 480 (DVD)
Frames per second: 24 or more
Maximum Length: 15 minutes (00:15:00)
Minimum Length: 30 seconds (00:00:30)
Digital formats are preferred, on CD, DVD or downloadable from your site. If you have old footage that exists in an obsolete format (including VHS tape or Mini-DV), send us an email to discuss any special considerations or arrangements.
* Digital: Quicktime preferred (.mov, .mpeg) Place onto a dataCD or data DVD and mail to the address below. If your piece was created in Flash and your aspect ratio is other than 720 x 480, we suggest you add a black mask to “crop” your piece so that your SWF will be scaled properly when you prepare it for Quicktime output.
* Download: DO NOT email your file(s). You may upload them to your own server and email us the URL to download. Do not submit raw Premier, After Effects or Final Cut files. Only exported, uncompressed files will be considered.
Submissions should be received by Friday, March 13, 2009.
Send films to:
attn: Typophile Film Fest 5
170 Maiden Lane, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108
Tel: 415/445 8855
Liked This? Read These!
Flashforward2008 opens the nomination process for the 18th Flashforward Film Festival. The festival, now in its ninth year, celebrates the most innovative and compelling projects created with Adobe(R... Read More
The entry deadline for the upcoming Mac Design Conference Film Festival is being extended to 5:00 p.m., Mon. June 6, 2005. Read More
The Flashforward2006 - Austin is pleased to announce the selection of sixty finalists for the 16th Flashforward Film Festival. Final awards will be announced at the festival, which takes place in... Read More
Flashforward announced today that January 24 is the nominations deadline for its celebrated 13th Flash® Film Festival. The online competition is a prelude to the live awards ceremony to be held the... Read More