Extensis Unveils New Portfolio Studio Digital Media Archive Server
Extensis, a division of Celartem Inc., introduced a new addition to its Portfolio line of Digital Asset Management (DAM) products: Portfolio Studio, an image archive server that saves time within small teams by automatically archiving and centralizing access to photos and project files with consistent metadata. Portfolio Studio takes folder-based workflows to the next level by providing web-based tools for teams to locate and convert photos and graphic files.
Portfolio Studio is the perfect choice for small workgroups to streamline their projects without any IT hassles. The entire system is available via an elegant web or desktop application and the included AutoSync technology continuously works behind the scenes to monitor network folders for the most up to date information to keep the archive searchable. Portfolio Studio’s seamless and standards-based approach means keywords and other important metadata are automatically synchronized with Adobe Bridge, Lightroom, and other Creative Suite applications.
"The system leverages MediaRich server from Equilibrium to expedite turnaround on repetitive actions - such as file conversion and image resizing - and frees up desktops and users," said Davin Kluttz, Senior Product Manager. "Portfolio Studio can catalog virtually anything and supports a massive array of file formats including images, Camera Raw and DNG files, graphics, PDF files, documents and videos."
Portfolio Studio highlights:
* Allows up to 3 simultaneous connections to a single catalog
* Performs fast visual searches of indexed thumbnails and full size previews
* Saves time by providing a central place for teams to find important photos and projects - regardless of file location (even discs stored offline)
* Protects work by ensuring that important file information like usage rights, copyrights, and dates are consistently applied and shared
* Users quickly get back to work by offloading time-consuming file format conversion jobs to a media processing server
* Includes user friendly Web, Mac, and Windows clients
* No IT team required - Portfolio Studio is setup using a web browser and practically maintains itself
Pricing and Availability
Portfolio Studio is immediately available at a SRP of $1,999US. Product is available through distribution with Ingram Micro (US) and Synnex (Canada), through North American resellers and direct from the Extensis website (www.extensis.com). English, French, German, and Japanese versions are available.
Portfolio Studio is limited to 3 client connections and 1 shared catalog. Larger workgroups and organizations that need a scalable Digital Asset Management system should consider
Portfolio Server 9.5. For more information on the Portfolio family of products, visit www.extensis.com/portfolio.