Insider Software Puts Your Fonts in the Cloud
Insider Software, makers of the font management solution FontAgent Pro, and Web-based font catalog WEBSIWYG, have announced the world's first commercial cloud-based font server. The new service provides powerful font management for companies on a subscription basis.
Subscribers to FontAgent Pro CloudServer™ can:
• Maintain a centralized, cloud-based library of verified fonts for users to share
• Synchronize fonts across all users (download and/or remove fonts automatically)
• Avoid the need for font server hardware and software
• Ensure font license compliance
• Get free software updates
• Get free access to a vast range of print and web fonts
Here's how it works. Once the client software is installed, FontAgent Pro automatically logs into the CloudServer to access the font collection available to the user, consistent with font licenses and the user's current projects. Users can then search, preview and print fonts, and enable auto-activation of fonts in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy, QuarkXPress and other Mac OS X apps.
Users with administrative rights can authorize other users, designate who can upload fonts to the server, and determine which fonts are automatically delivered to other users. Administrators can also manage font licenses and track font usage in real-time.
Introductory prices for FontAgent Pro CloudServer range from $3.50 to $6.95 per month per user.