Join the Haiti Poster Project
THE HAITI POSTER PROJECT is a collaboration of artists and designers from around the world, benefitting victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
Moxie Sozo, the organizer of the 2005 HURRICANE POSTER PROJECT, is teaming up with Josh Higgins, the organizer of the 2007 SO-CAL FIRE POSTER PROJECT to produce the 2010 HAITI POSTER PROJECT.
Call for Entries
THE HAITI POSTER PROJECT seeks limited edition sets of posters from artists, designers and design firms from around the world. The donated posters will be sold online to raise money for Doctors Without Borders. As designers, we have the collective ability to do what we love, AND to create a difference. THE HAITI POSTER PROJECT has been conceived as a collective effort by the design community to unite and effect change through our work. In order for this project to be successful, we are counting on designer participation. Our goal is to raise at least $1 Million for Doctors Without Borders
DEADLINE: March 15th. Submissions after March 15th will also be accepted, but given the timeliness of the situation, we strongly encourage designers to meet this deadline.
• Posters should be specific to the earthquake in Haiti or THE HAITI POSTER PROJECT.
• The posters may be graphic or typographic.
• The posters should be signed and numbered editions in quantities of 25 to 100. The posters should not be one-offs.
• Minimum size is 11” x 17”. (Ideal size: 18” x 24”.) Poster can be produced by litho, digital or silk-screen print.
• Posters may include credits for vendors who have donated supplies or services, but please keep them small and unobtrusive.
• Artists will be responsible for designing, printing, and delivering the posters to HAITI POSTER PROJECT. Although we would like to print them, we don’t have the resources to coordinate all of the printing ourselves.
• We encourage international submissions.
• All submissions will become property of THE HAITI POSTER PROJECT, and will be sold to raise funds for the Doctors Without Borders earthquake disaster relief effort. Several posters from each donated set will be retained for possible future exhibition or publication.
• When you’ve finished your design, please email a PDF or JPEG of finished poster for the site to email@example.com (At least 380px x 480px, please.) Please also include the title of the poster, your name (as you’d like it to appear) and a short paragraph about you and your poster.
Please ship poster submissions to:
Haiti Poster Project, c/o Merch Lackey, Inc.
8510 Production Ave.
San Diego, CA 92121
PLEASE PACKAGE WELL. DAMAGED POSTERS ARE HARD TO SELL
Liked This? Read These!
Kids today! Michael Arnold is only 19, yet this UK designer and illustrator's print shop and publication has already been in business for a year. It's called "The How To Project," and Michael says... Read More
Press Release Always wanted to design a great poster? Don't know where to begin or do you just need a good creative boost to get you to that next level? Come join us for our Spring 2011... Read More
Andre Felipe has created the site "typo/graphic posters" as a directory of typographic and graphic posters for the international graphic design community. As Felipe says, "Our goal is to be a... Read More
Introducing the newest design showcase from HOW magazine: the HOW Poster Design Awards! There are no categories, and it doesn’t matter if your poster was created for yourself, for work or just for... Read More