New App Turns Text into Podcasts
Bit Maki Software, Inc. is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Textcast, exclusively for Mac OS X Leopard. Textcast turns any text - documents, web pages, or entire blog feeds - into personal podcasts for your iPod or iPhone.
Textcast uses Mac OS X Leopard's ultra-high quality voice, Alex, to create podcasts from any text file. Simply add a news feed or copy a text file to the application, and Textcast will automatically create spoken-word audio files and send them to iTunes for upload on your iPod or iPhone. Whether you have a dual-core iMac or an eight-way Mac Pro, Textcast uses the processing power to convert text into speech much faster than real-time reading.
* Rapid conversion of text to spoken-word audio files
* iTunes syncing
* Easy subscription to and conversion of news feeds
* Ability to import text from Safari
* Ability to import text or drag-and-drop feeds from NetNewsWire
* Ability to convert any text, including e-mail
* Customizable voices, with a default of Mac OS X Leopard's newest voice, Alex
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and availability:
Textcast is immediately available for download and purchase for $25 (USD). The full, unrestricted application may be used for seven consecutive or non-consecutive days before registering. To learn more and download a free demo, visit their website.
Bit Maki Software: www.bitmaki.com