New ePublishing Training
Ebooks. Digital magazines. Interactive PDFs and SWFs. They're all relatively new creatures, which means there are a lot of questions surrounding the technology, from creation to distribution.
Mogo Media hopes to answer those questions, at least in part, with its two-day ePublishing Conference. It will be held September 13 and 14, 2011, in Chicago, IL. GraphExpo is at the same time, and ePublishing Conference attendees get free access to GraphExpo's tradeshow (though not to GraphExpo's other events).
The conference speakers will be Chris Converse, Pariah S. Burke, James Fritz, Erica Gamet, and Brian Wood. Here are some of the topics they're scheduled to cover:
• State of Digital Publishing
• Landscape of Digital Magazines
• ePUB 3
• Creating an ePUB from Scratch
• Creating Your Own Digtial Magazine with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
• Creating Interactive Documents with Adobe InDesign
• Cracking an ePUB Open - Safely
• Creating Interactive Elements for Adobe DPS
• Preparing Video for ePUB
• Creating ePub with Adobe InDesign
A two-day pass to the conference costs $595, but right now you can snag an early-bird price of $495. A one-day pass is $399 (early pricing $299). For the same price, you can attend the event online. All admission fees include access to event recordings after the fact.