PaperSpecs Gives A Gift That’s All Heart
Palo Alto, California – February 4, 2013 – “In this era of over communication, designers are very aware that a well-designed printed piece is more persuasive than ever,” says Sabine Lenz, founder of PaperSpecs, the one-stop source for paper information, inspiration and insights.
“Paper adds the ultimate tactile dimension to designs, and a designer’s choice of paper can make or break, enhance or undermine the project, the brand and the marketing message,” explains Lenz. “There’s a lot riding on the paper decision.”
Turning her designer roots into PaperSpecs PRO
Lenz learned early on in her own successful design career that staying ahead of the curve (figuring out which papers are available, obtaining samples and swatchbooks, keeping up with changes in technology, and knowing which print process and paper best enhances the design) was one more "to-do" that ate up precious time and money.
To provide meaningful tools to help designers, she developed a resource called PaperSpecs PRO that would give designers the professional edge they needed – so they can spend their time doing what they love to do most: design.
“PaperSpecs PRO allows creatives to work smart, to gain the upper hand in a competitive market,” describes Lenz, “ by giving them access to exclusive tools, processes and knowledge that boost their productivity, impress their clients, and even wow their peers. ”
All hearts on Valentine’s Day
From February 4 through midnight, February 14, 2013, everyone who signs up for a free seven-day PaperSpecs PRO trial membership, will receive a set of limited-edition wrapping paper designed by award-winning designer Michael Osborne.
Printed on McCoy Gloss Text using a lithofoil process (4-color inks on top of metallic foil), the 24” x 36” sheets of wrapable, frameable designer paper were printed in three patterns:
- Happy Valentine's Day
- Multi-color Stripes
- Heart Collage (inspired by the antique Valentine's Day card images that Osborne has collected over the years.)
PaperSpecs PRO full access trial
The free, seven-day trial gives unrestricted access to every benefit of the PaperSpecs PRO service:
- A comprehensive database of more than 4,300 substrates -- from opaque to recycled, from translucent to digital
- Current, accurate information – the database is updated daily and is open 24/7
- Environmental Attributes for all papers plus easy-to-understand facts and explanations of the acronym jungle (FSC, SFI, Green-e, etc.) and the ability to swiftly find the matching papers in the PaperSpecs PRO paper database
- Dedicated portal for the latest mill swatchbooks and mill promotion pieces
- Member perks that include discounts on paper purchases and folding templates
- Webinar archive where experts in paper, printing, marketing, and design give 60-minute presentations
- Direct line to the Paper Concierge who reliably sources answers to individual questions on paper and printing
“This has been a labor of love for me, which is why I make this special offer in honor of Valentine’s Day,” says Lenz. “I want designers to be able to take back the time, momentum and peace of mind they need in order to do what matters most – deliver brilliant creative! And that’s what they’ll find out when they test drive PaperSpecs PRO.”
PaperSpecs www.paperspecs.com is a small, independent team on a mission: To provide inspiring, objective, practical, up-to-date information about paper and printing technologies via easy-to-digest tips and tricks, entertaining back stories, and expert insights. PaperSpecs helps to guide creatives from their initial inspirations to the meticulously designed, beautifully printed and finished projects print and paper lovers cherish. PaperSpecs is exclusively for designers, print buyers and paper professionals who feel a deep passion for the tactile and powerful experience that is paper and print. You can connect with PaperSpecs on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PaperSpecs, Twitter https://twitter.com/sabinelenz and Pinterest http://pinterest.com/paperspecs/.