Photoshop CS6 updated
Adobe has released an update to Photoshop CS6 (version 13.0.1) that fixes a total of 76 issues affecting security, crashing, and performance.
According to the Photoshop.com blog, fixes fit into four categories:
- 1 critical Security fix (affecting both Mac and Windows)
- 31 Crashing fixes
- 18 fixes to 3D features
- 15 fixes to Drawing and Graphics features
Specific bugs fixes include the following:
- 3D: Reflection does not render when ray Traced
- 3D: Ray Trace does not stop rendering
- 3D: OpenGL widget stops working in Full Screen Windows
- Paths and Shapes: No way to select a Shape layer without path getting activated
- Paths and Shapes: Shapes do not constrain properly with non-square pixels
- Paths and Shapes: Unable to type on paths or shape layer
- Paths and Shapes: Vector Layers Copy/Paste attributes not actionable
- Paths and Shapes: No vector preview when transforming shape layers.
- Windows task bar location & image window problem
- Paint is offset with Grip Pen
- Actions: An action that copies, closes, and pastes to another open image gives error that it cannot paste Documents open as floating
- Actions: CS4/5 Actions that include “Use legacy” option are not using legacy in CS6
- Liquify: Mac 10.8: Corruption when using large images on a background layer
- Type: Extensis: Update All Text Layer becomes available after replace missing fonts
- Layer Comps: “Could not complete your request because the result would be too big” displayed with this CS5 sample file
- Group Styles: Some blending options not saved with file
- Video playback should use draft quality for faster playback
- After crop, Adjustment layers with dropdown menus become grayed out in properties panel
- Channels Panel: Thumbnails don’t update after moving layer
- Performance: Moving layers is slow compared to CS5 if layer palette is visible and thumbnails are showing
Photoshop users can get the update by choosing Help > Updates, and then chooing Adobe Photoshop CS6 > Update in the Adobe Application Manager.
In addtion, Adobe has announced that this fall Photoshop will be updated to provide support for high resolution displays, including the Retina Display available on the new MacBook Pro. As was the case with the recent Illustrator CS6 update, Creative Cloud users will be the first to get the new Photoshop features.
Liked This? Read These!
New panel makes saving Photoshop layers as separate files much faster and easier than before. Read More
Butterfly Fonts For $9, you get the following: * 100+ Butterfly designs (based on the similar named custom shapes pack for Photoshop) * Many mixed butterfly designs all stored in a single TrueType... Read More
Layer Comps -- new in Adobe Photoshop CS -- may well be one of the first great inventions of the 21st century (at least in the digital world). A simple click in the palette to Save New Layer Comp,... Read More