Photosynth Releases Panorama App for iPhone
From just a few stitched photos up to full spherical panoramas, the new Photosynth app for the iOS allows you to take Photosynth on the go and use it anytime.
The app features an innovative interactive capture system that lets you see your progress during capture, powered by Photosynth’s computer vision algorithms. Your images are quickly stitched together into an interactive panorama that you can explore on your device. All of your panoramas are stored on your device so you can view or share them at any time. Plus, you can view everything in your existing Photosynth.net account on the device with the interactive streaming viewer.
With the Photosynth app you can:
• See your panorama take shape with each picture you take
• Get high-resolution results in all directions with advanced, on-device stitching
• See most panoramas within seconds of taking your last picture
• Zoom, pan, stretch, and view your panorama in landscape or portrait mode
• Save and view your panoramas on your device and view them online at Photosynth.net
The Photosynth app is available for a variety of iOS devices, including the iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs, iPod Touch Fourth Generation, and the iPad 2 running iOS 4.1 and later. The Photosynth app is coming next to a Windows Phone near you.