Reimagine Your Portfolio with Iconify
What do you do when you're dissatisfied with the state of your creative tools? If you're like Doug Logue and Bronson Taylor, two creative pros who were fed up with the options for displaying their portfolios, you create your own new tools. The result is a project called Iconify, that aims to provide creatives with the best portfolio tools ever. And judging from the demo, it seems like they're off to a strong start. If Apple made a portfolio tool, it would probably look a lot like Iconify.
Iconify is oriented around six themes:
- Portfolios should be downloadable as an app on mobile devices.
- Portfolios should be responsive, so they look good on any screen resolution or device.
- Interface should be be minimal, to focus the viewer’s attention exclusively on what's being presented.
- Portfolios should provide obvious contact information.
- Sharing should be easy.
- Portfolios should provide analytics to enable an understanding of the traffic received.
According to their press kit, Iconify will officially launch sometime in July, and cost $5/month for a Pro Membership. If you sign up for the beta, you will get a Pro Membership for 30-days free.