Switch Lenses in a Flash with the Quikdraw
Photographers on the go may soon have a new gadget to aid them in the struggle to carry and quickly switch multiple lenses. The Quikdraw is a belt-mounted lens holster that allows a wearer to keep multiple lenses hanging on their waist, ready to switch at a moment's notice. With the Quikdraw, your lenses will literally be at your fingertips.
Lenses are attached to the Quikdraw with the same twist to lock motion that you use to mount them on a camera body, so there's no special trick involved, nothing to learn, and no chance that an expensive lense might come loose and crash to the ground.
The Quikdraw is the brainchild of Riley Kimball, who is using a Kickstarter project to fund the development and production. Here are some of the bullet points from the Quikdraw Kickstarter page:
- The Quikdraw can be equipped with any Canon EOS or Nikon F mount lens.
- Made from aircraft aluminum and high strength precision molded plastic.
- The production version will have alignment marks so you know what state your Quikdraw is in.
- Each Quikdraw will be hard anodized for durability.. - Your Quikdraw will be all black.
- Can be used with any belt with a thickness between .75" and 1.75".
- The Quikdraw is fool proof. Once you insert a lens and rotate it more that 5 degrees it's secure. It's impossible for the lens to become disengaged in the down position.
- The Quikdraw keeps your lenses in the ready state - Lens cap and back cap off with the light hood attached.
- With the Quikdraw your next lens change is within arms reach. Just reach down and grab the lens you want.
- Change glass within 5 seconds and unleash your creativity.
- Leave your backup camera in your bag and retain all your camera settings.
- Keep the back element of your lenses clean and dust free.
- Show your glass off! Camera envy now gives way to lens envy.
To learn more about the Quikdraw, check out the following video: