Tiffen Updates Its Photo Filter Suite to Version 3.0
The Tiffen Company's filter package for adding effects to video and photos has updated to 3.0. You'd think that an image-editing package that already had 2,000 filters couldn't add any more, but check out this list of new goodies:
• DeNoise: Grain and noise from digital cameras, whether still or video, is a common problem. DeNoise removes the grain and noise while still retaining detail.
• Film Stocks: Simulates 113 different color and black & white photographic film stocks. For those desiring the look of either old or current film stocks, there are simulations of many of the popular brands from Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, Polaroid, and Ilford.
• Color Shadow: Creates a high contrast image overlayed with a gradient.
• DeBand: Removes banding artifacts from an image by smoothing pixels in banded areas while retaining detail.
• DeBlock: Removes blocking artifacts created as a result of high compression factors, such as overly compressed JPG images which often cause square blocking artifacts.
• Glow Darks: Glows and grows the dark areas of an image, creating a stylized, dreamy dark glow.
• Key Light: Relights images with a directional or point light.
• Rays: Creates stunning and realistic light ray effects quickly and easily. Rays can add shafts of light streaming through clouds, rays filtering through a forest canopy, beams of light on a foggy night, or rays shooting through an interior window.
• Texture: Applies textures to an image for a stylized look.
• Match: Matches the color, detail, grain, and tone of one image and applies it to another.
Do you work in more than one image-editing program? Tiffen thought you might, which is why just one $199 Dfx 3 license can work in Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, and Photoshop Elements, as long as all of these programs are on the same computer. The standalone version of Dfx v3 costs $169.
Liked This? Read These!
A relatively new plug-in from Digital Film Tools gives you the ability to add customized rays of light to a photo. Once you install the plug-in, you can access its interface from within Adobe... Read More
Retrographer is a Photoshop plug-in with effects that make modern digital imagery look like it was shot with old-timey cameras using vintage film. "Not another one!" you might groan. Read More
The Tiffen Company, a leading manufacturer and distributor of photographic accessories, announced a special version of its award-winning Tiffen Dfx Digital Filter Creative Effects software, for Apple... Read More
iCorrect EditLab Pro, from PictoColor Software, is meant for color-critical Photoshop work. The company claims that the new version 6.0 makes masks, curves, sliders, and even selections obsolete.... Read More