- Features: Written by Sharon Steuer on November 20, 2013You can do amazing things with raster brushes in Illustrator—if you take a little time and care to prepare your images in advance.
- Features: Written by Sharon Steuer on May 10, 2013Sharon Steuer delivers the straight dope on iPhone cases that add protection without adding bulk.
- Features: Written by Sharon Steuer on March 13, 2013
While searching through my archives for art pieces to show in my new course for lynda.com, Artistic Painting with Illustrator: Natural Media Brushes, I found this “watercolor” image created with transparent calligraphic brushes back in Adobe Illustrator 10, in 2002.
- Features: Written by Sharon Steuer on February 21, 2013
A Brief History of Macworld
Even for those of us old enough to have lived through it, it’s very hard to imagine life before the modern internet. In those times (from the 1984 launch of the Macintosh to just a few years ago), the way most of us put our hands on new products and communicated with each other was to attend trade shows. And for much of this era, the most important show for those of us in the graphic arts was Macworld Expo.
- Features: Written by Sharon Steuer on January 14, 2013
We’ve all done it. We’ve all been so involved in the creative process that we don’t realize what a disorganized mess we’re making of our layers, our studio, our dining room table. When we come up for air, the task of organizing seems almost monumental. We try to talk ourselves into skipping it. We’ll do it later or, if think we can get away with it, not at all. But nothing puts the brakes on a creative journey faster than not being able to find quickly what you need to work with.