- Features: Written by Gene Gable on September 5, 2005Body:
I enjoy a three-day weekend as much as anybody, but Labor Day has always struck me as the most under-celebrated official American holiday.
- Features: Written by Gene Gable on July 27, 2005Body:
I'm a bit late in this eulogy to a couple of products from Eastman Kodak that together played a big role in my life and in the image I have of myse
- Features: Written by Gene Gable on July 7, 2005Body:
When I was four or five, my father decided to build a small speedboat in his garage, a culmination of his interests in woodworking, fishing, and on
- Features: Written by Gene Gable on June 15, 2005Body:
During a recent session teaching one of my young nephews about email, he asked me what "cc" means.
- Features: Written by Gene Gable on May 19, 2005
Sometimes when I most doubt the existence of God, I have to remind myself that for some reason only attributable to divine intervention, I did not turn out to be a smoker. By all rights I should have been a two-pack-a-day Lucky Strike man. I certainly inherited the smoking gene. I once defined two of the traits to look for in a good friend as smoking and gardening.