InDesign Template Essentials: GREP Queries
Time for another exclusive template for our Premium members! (Not a Premium member? Sign up here and get $10 off with the discount code: TEMPLATE)
This time, we have a cool set of GREP Find/Change queries to save you time and effort in formatting text! These queries have the potential to make you look like a miracle worker to someone who doesn’t know the power of GREP!
There are GREP queries to do the following:
- Replace text with clipboard contents
- Rearrange text
- De-runt paragraphs
- Apply formatting to text inside parentheses (but not the parentheses themselves)
- Replace manually typed numbers with automatic numbering
- Fix bad breaks
- Find dates, fractions, and prices
- Clean up trailing space at the end of paragraphs and stories
- Eliminate repeated words
Note: for a brief introduction to the basics of using GREP in InDesign, see last month’s Template Essentials: GREP Styles.
If you’re currently logged in to InDesignSecrets.com as a Premium member, the download link appears below.
Enjoy!Sorry! Premium members, please log in at the top of the page, or become a premium member of InDesignSecrets.
What can we do for you?
Need another kind of template? Tell us what you want! Email mike at indesignsecrets.com with your template idea and maybe it will become the next template of the month.